Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Quesadilla Burger

Our family's favorite meal at Applebee's is their Quesadilla Burger.  I only had to have it once to know that I needed to make it myself.  I love being able to recreate something from a restaurant and make it for my family at home.  It saves tons of money since we don't need to eat out to get the meal we love.  For a change up from a regular burger, make sure to give this one a try.

1 lb. ground beef
4 flour tortillas
salsa
bacon bits
pepper jack cheese
chopped lettuce
garlic salt

Make burger patties and fry them up. I sprinkle a little garlic salt on the patties before flipping them the first time.  I use a griddle when making these.  It helps get more done at a time.  To get rid of as much grease as I can, I put them on a plate with paper towel before the next step.


While the burgers are cooking I prepare the other ingredients.  I chop some lettuce, very lightly butter the tortillas.  You can see here the Hormel bacon bits that I use.  I love these things.


After I take off the burgers and scrap the grease off, I put down two tortillas, butter side down.  Put the burger patty on one side and top it with a slice of pepper jack.  I break it into two pieces to spread out the goodness to the whole burger.


Then I top with some salsa.  Just a spoonful or two.  Sprinkle with bacon bits.


Let it cook until the bottom tortilla is nicely browned.  Add lettuce.


Flip the empty side over.  Press down gently so that the tortilla stays in place.


Cut in half.  This makes for a much more manageable way to eat!


I always serve this with fries baked in the oven.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment