Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bruschetta Chicken

This was dinner last night.  Pretty tasty stuff.  I think I still need to work on my bruschetta, though. I personally didn't think it was a good as the stuff my neighbor brought over a few weeks ago.  Since my girls are now in love with the stuff I think I will be getting more practice.

I took chicken breasts and marinated them in some basalmic vinegar and a touch of olive oil and sprinkled with salt.  I then grilled it.
After it was really close to being done I put some slices of mozzarella on and let it melt.

For the bruschetta, I used 2 large roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped.  A handful of fresh basil, chopped.  Three cloves of garlic and 1/2 of an onion.  Added salt, balsamic vinegar and just a tough of olive oil.

We topped the chicken with mozzarella on top with some bruschetta.  Served with a side of pita chips.

I haven't figured out the calories yet, but I think this will end up pretty low.

I also, just found out that I have been pronouncing bruschetta wrong.  I don't know where the "k" sound comes from.

This ended up being a great summer dinner.  Let me know if you try it.  Do you have a better recipe for bruschetta?  I would love to have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment